Who is Eligible for the TOP
All Applicants must possess:
2. A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
3. Legal documentation of citizenship of the United States, or documentation that you are a permanent resident and intend to seek United States Citizenship.
4. Qualifications for successful completion of all New York City Department of Education pedagogical application processing, including pre-employment fingerprint check.
1. Mathematics applicants need a minimum of Calculus I and II and either Calculus III, Linear Algebra or Matrix Algebra to qualify for a high school (grades 7-12) master's program. To qualify for a middle school (grades 5-9) master's program, mathematics applicants need a minimum of Calculus I and Calculus II.
Applicants for the program in Spanish must have a minimum of 18 credits in Spanish literature above the intermediate level. It is not sufficient to be a native speaker of Spanish or to have a college degree from a Spanish-speaking country.
Applicants for the program in science must have a minimum of 18 credits in either chemistry, biology, or physics at the intermediate and advanced levels.
2. Take and pass the following New York State Teaching Certification Examinations by September 2006: Liberal Arts and Science Test (LAST) and the appropriate Content Specialty Test (CST).
Applicants must take these exams in December 2005 or February or April 2006. Go to http://www.nystce.nesinc.com/ to register. Preference is given to applicants who have passed both exams.
Applicants for the program in literacy must possess: